Monday, March 12, 2018

Summer (SOL18 #12)

"Mrs. Suomi, are you looking forward to summer?" 
I'm not usually one to wish my life away, but as I was asked that question I couldn't help but think of my plans for the summer.

The long trek up to the lake which I'm told is part of the fun. 
Watching the sunrise with a good cup of coffee.
Sitting on the dock and reading a book.
 
Spending some time with my Iron Range family. 
Watching my crazy dog sunbathe and swim in the lake.
The wind in my hair while riding on the wave runner. 
Sunsets with the most beautiful colors, followed by a light show with a sky full of stars. 



I had to snap back in reality. "Yes. I'm really looking forward to summer."

8 comments:

  1. Lake life, take me away...I was right there with you! That's a fun post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm meant to live near a lake. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. I am not an ocean person, but if I lived on a lake, I would totally be a Lake Person. Your post reminded me of a glorious week spent on a lake in Maine with my family - morning coffee on the dock was my favorite! I can't wait for at least Spring - another SNOW DAY tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee on the dock is the best kind of coffee. There is something about the stillness of the water that makes it even more enjoyable. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. This made me think of the lyrics to that song by Otis Redding.
    "I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay
    Watchin' the tide, roll away"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post took me away for a minute too! Beautiful pictures. There's nothing quite like "lake life." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! Lake life is the best life.

      Delete