Saturday, March 17, 2018

Slow down (SOL18 #17)

"Aunt Katie." 

I continued working and looked over my shoulder quickly. "What's up bud?" I was busy trying to pull all of the corned beef, cabbage, and carrots out of the pot to feed an army of hungry guests. 
"I just want to tell you something really quick," he replied. I continued rushing around until he grabbed my arm. 

"Aunt Katie!" 

"What, what, what little man?!" 
I know I came off a little more short than I had intended but dinner wasn't going to put itself on the table.

"I just wanted to let you know that this is my favorite meal of the whole year." 
I dropped the tongs and immediately hugged him. 


Sometimes I need to remember to slow down and be in the moment because this sweet 10 year old isn't going to stay this way forever.

4 comments:

  1. I just wrote about slowing down the other day. I feel that I need to do a better job at this because you are right, they won't stay ten forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So important to slow down! Those cutie kids help when they force us to stop and listen! What a wonderful message he had to share! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't stay this young forever!!! Maddy is 12 and I cry every time I think about her becoming a teenager in 8 months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kids are the perfect reminder to slow down! Such a sweet moment :)

    ReplyDelete