Friday, March 2, 2018

My mysterious cleaner (SOL18 #2)

As I pulled into the driveway I took one last long sip from my iced coffee. I stopped for one on the way home knowing that I was already tired and didn't feel like tackling the list of tasks I had when I got home. I took a deep breath, sighed, and got out of the car. I knew the instant that I lugged my things into the house that I would be swamped with things to do. 

I turned the key in the door and my furry friend jumped up and down elated to see me. She stopped and and stared at her leash. "Not today missy." She sighed. (Really, she sighed) Then she walked to the patio door content with going outside but still peeved that I didn't take a hint about the walk she truly wanted. 

I turned and went to attack the upstairs. With a house full of people expected in less than 24 hours, I knew I had a whole lot to do, but not a lot of time to do it. That's when I saw it. The bed, which was unmade when I left so early this morning was pristinely in order. The room was straightened up with my childhood teddy bear in the middle of the bed smiling at me. 

I smiled, then turned toward the bathroom which was second on my list to clean. I opened the door and to my surprise it had already been done as well. Instantly my level of stress decreased and I picked up my phone to give the mysterious cleaner a call. 

"What?! The place was a mess when I left too. Maiden (the dog) must have cleaned up while we were at work." 


Yep. That must be it. I'm one lucky girl.

6 comments:

  1. Someone who will clean for you...true love! Good post, too. I was right there in the scene with you, discovering those clean spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cleaning fairy! I could picture it all as you described it! I especially love the line about the teddy bear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That might be the truest form of love, doing a task without being asked. I hope you were able to enjoy your house full of people! And maybe you took Maiden on her walk? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things I love about this post:
    The dog sighed. (really!)
    That you were instantly relieved with the help of your hubs.
    the label: hubs
    Enjoy your weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE a lucky girl! I hope you spent your Friday night relaxing! Great, descriptive slice! One to share with your kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s the little things that make the heart smile! Maiden probably figured a clean house= an outdoor walk.

    ReplyDelete