Monday, March 7, 2016

Struggling... (SOL16 #7)


It's day 7 of this SOL challenge and I have to admit, I'm struggling a little. I've done the brainstorming lists, and have some ideas but am just having a hard time getting those ideas on "paper."  It may be more of the motivation to sit down and actually type something. 

It's been a long time since I have had to deal with the struggle of writing. This feeling of frustration is eye opening though. I can definitely better empathize with my students by feeling the way that they feel when starting to write a new piece. This challenge is also just that, a challenge. I want to accomplish the goal blogging for the entire month. I know I can do it. 


I just need to sit down and do it.

10 comments:

  1. Yes, we can do it! I too have developed empathy for our students. It is life and the feedback that motivate us. Keep digging through that brainstorming list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm digging! :) Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I am on the struggle bus right along with you! It's been much more challenging than I thought it would be to write everyday.

    Just keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just keep swimming right? We can do it! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Agreed, even starting the month with lengthy brainstorm list of topics, I am finding it difficult to sustain every single day. But I keep trying, and reading others has helped! Seeing the kinds of stories this group is telling, borrowing formats and subject matter is helping to make it seem less like work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading through everyone else's posts has been super helpful! Thanks for the comment! :)

      Delete
  4. Katie,
    Look at other posts. "Borrow" their ideas. "Currently" is one that almost seems to write itself. Write for 5 minutes just on a stream on consciousness to see what turns up!

    YOU CAN Do THIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this has been me for three days. I almost wrote about the weather - AGAIN! But I pushed through too...
    I love the pic you took to put in the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brezek. I'm determined to make it the whole month!

      Delete