Friday, March 3, 2017

Always Learning (SOL17 #3)


Today I am at the ICE Conference (Illinois Computing Educators) learning more about innovative ways to use technology in the classroom. I love technology. My students know me as the go-to tech help person, and my colleagues often seek me out to help with any tech issue that may arise. My husband is always making fun of me because I always have all of devices out and surrounding me when I'm working at home. Even with the computer and the iPad next to me, I also have my phone in my hand staying constantly connected. 
 
The funny thing is, I don't always feel like I'm very techy. I usually can figure things out, but I would never describe myself as an "expert" in that field. But I love these types of technology conferences because I am always able to come back with something that I can use right away in my classroom with my students and share with my colleagues.

One of the best parts about going to a conference is hearing the Keynote speaker. The ICE Conference always has such amazing speakers that can really invigorate you to keep learning and provide your students. Today's speaker was Joe Sanfelippo, who is a superintendent in Fall Creek, Wisconsin. His message was about the importance of sharing your story as an educator and a school district. We do such incredible things in the classroom and need to make sure that everyone is aware of the awesome things that happen. His passion for sharing his district's story made me excited to come back and share narrative of 5SS and Emerson. Be on the watch for some new social media accounts & increased posting to see all the incredible things that we do on a daily basis.  

Follow me on Twitter @MrsSuomi 
& Follow our hashtags to see the amazing things that happen in District 100, Emerson School and in 5SS

#tigerslearn #5thGradeTigers #bsd100 


That being said... I do miss my students a WHOLE lot when I am out for the day. I can't wait to see you all on Wednesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment