Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Pizza? (SOL18 #27)

I miss pizza. 
I really miss pizza.

As my husband and I started our low carb diet in January we are discovering all those once familiar foods that are just no longer possible without going over that carb limit. Cheating is not option, so we steered clear of all the tempting high carb eats. 

However, like I said... I really miss pizza. 

Determined to find a replacement, I took to my Googler. It turns out Lou Malnati's, a pizza place in the Chicagoland area, has a crustless deep dish pizza. While kind of like the pizza I missed, this concoction seemed to satisfy our taste for a greasy piece of Italian goodness. For a while anyway. 
But truly, I still missed the cracker style thin crust pizza that reminded me of our weekly family pizza night that happened every Friday while I was growing up.

Back to the Googler. 
Insert "Fat Head Pizza." I read blog post after blog post about lives changed from this low-carb masterpiece that mimicked a thin crust pizza. Since I missed pizza so much, I decided to make my own dough (ugh) and try it out. 
After a couple of tries, I think I have perfected it. A crispy, crunchy, low carb pizza that officially satisfied the craving.Thank you to the amazing individual who tried putting together mozzarella cheese, almond flour, egg, and bit of cream cheese to make a dough that would ultimately create a delicious pizza. You have made pizza and movie night MUCH better.

5 comments:

  1. I love your repeated line... and that you kept loving pizza and searching but NOT cheating. Way to go! (And only a few more days 'til Friday pizza and movie night sneaks up again!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A compliment to your writing is that you have made me want pizza soo bad! I feel the desire viscerally. I admire your will power even more with putting this to words such as these here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your self control! And I need this recipe! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a bite of each piece... it was delicious!! I'm truly proud of you for sticking with this for what.. almost 4 months?! That's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete