Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Class Meeting (SOL18 #28)

Tears. 
I hate them. 
Every time I see one my students cry, it's breaks my heart. Today was no different. 
Feelings were hurt. Students chose to laugh instead of be kind. They forgot about fifth grade hallway behavior. They did not treat each other like teammates.They knew the right thing to do, but did the opposite. 
It happens. Kids need to make mistakes in order to learn. I know that, and I make sure that they know that as well. Mistakes happen, but it's what you learn after the mistake that counts. 
I have two goals for each of my kiddos every year. 

Goal #1 is that they start to believe in themselves and realize that they are capable of ANYTHING. 

Goal #2 is that they become good people who treat others with kindness and dignity. 

After the tears, we had a class meeting. We talked about problems that they were seeing, but more importantly, we discussed solutions as a whole group. As much as I hate tears, I love student led discussions as problem solvers. I love to see them figure it all out and build their confidence while sharing their thoughts. I love to see their hearts as they talk about things they would like to change to make their classroom a better, more safe learning environment.


As much as it stinks to have a day where feelings get hurt and poor choices are made, I am proud of the people that my students are becoming. 

1 comment:

  1. Bihar BSEB Board 10th Model Paper 2021 – Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) has released latest question paper. If you want to download all the subject of BSEB Board 10th Model Paper 2021. You may download by given link below.Bihar Board 10th Question Paper 2021.If you want to get all the update of BSEB Board then you may visit our site regularly.Bihar Board 10th Question Paper 2021 Bihar School Education Board (BSEB) has released the Bihar Board Model Paper PDFs 2020-21 for Matric (Class 10) and Intermediath Previous Question Paper Aspirants Of Class 10th Can Easily Understand the Ratio of the Easy and Diffsy and Difficult Question Asked From Each Unit of the Subject.

    ReplyDelete