Thursday, March 23, 2017
OUCH (SOL17 #23)
I am so not a morning person... I try to be. I set my alarm early with the high hopes of enjoying a cup of coffee AND eating a nutritious breakfast. But usually that doesn't happen. The alarm goes off, and the snooze button is pressed. It's not pressed just once. Nope. That would be responsible. It's pressed multiple times. I also usually wind up setting at least 4 different alarms on my phone in the hopes that just one of the different tones will spark a fire under me that will get me out of my nice warm bed and ready to start my day.
Today was no different. However, since I showered last night and went to bed with wet hair, I didn't have that luxury of sleeping in longer because my the state of my hair this morning was not suitable for public viewing. So I grudgingly turned off my plethora of alarms, whined a little to the dog, and went downstairs to try and get a flat iron through the bird's nest that appeared on my head.
With each pass of the flat iron the hair started to fall into place and resemble hair rather than the atrocity it was before. It took longer than usual, but finally the hair conformed. I unplugged the flat iron. (This is important, but I usually can't remember if I do that.) After unplugging it I started to clean up the area around me. I cleaned out my brush and put it away, and then did the dumbest thing I have done in a long time.
I picked up the flat iron. Now that doesn't sound dumb, but when you pick it up from the hot side, it SURELY is not the smartest thing to do. Before I could even feel the searing pain, I heard my skin sizzle. Immediately I dropped the hair straightener, but it was too late.
The burn mark on my hand reminds me of how I am SO not a morning person.