Tuesday, March 28, 2017

How Am I Still Awake? (SOL17 #27)

JOLT! 
2:30 AM and my eyes ripped open. I glanced around in the darkness, half expecting to hear the familiar noise of my dogs identification tags clanking that robbed me of my sound sleep, but nothing. Absolute silence. Well, that is if you can ignore a quiet snore from my husband and a much louder snore coming from the pup. 

I stared up at the ceiling, waiting to drift back into my dream, but it never happened. I continued staring until I couldn't take the sound of the two enjoying their slumber while I sat wide awake. Finally I shook off the blankets and retreated to the basement. 
There I decided to "watch" some reruns of Chopped. Surely this cooking competition could put me back to sleep. An episode and a 1/2 in I realized that the Chopped Challenge wasn't helping, so I decided to take out my computer. Wearily, I began working. After all, there is always something to do, and that could surely get me to return back to sleep. 
Hours passed, and before I knew it, I heard the thud of my dog jumping off the bed and onto the floor. Then the step, step, step of Phil headed to bathroom, getting ready to start his day.

How was it possible that I was still awake? 
I continued to ask myself that question all day long. I made it. The cold brew coffee did it's job and I made it. Here I am, still going at 8:45 PM. To be honest, I'm not even sure how my eyes are still open. 


So I'm going to quit trying to hold out any longer and just drift off. Hopefully.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so crazy how hours can just fly by when we are on the computer! I have been there and done what you have. Hopefully you are in bed sleeping right now when I am wide awake at 10:30 p.m. and need to wake up at 4:15 a.m. to workout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I hope you get some sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, these days are the worst! And I always find myself doing that too...waking up after a nap (fallen asleep on the couch), then working and plugging away until...5:00?!
    I get you. Hopefully sleep found you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, these days are the worst! And I always find myself doing that too...waking up after a nap (fallen asleep on the couch), then working and plugging away until...5:00?!
    I get you. Hopefully sleep found you tonight!

    ReplyDelete