Friday, March 24, 2017

Blogging While Distracted (SOL17 #24)


Blogging outside when it's 70 degrees in March in the Chicagoland area  sounds like an amazing idea. My co-teacher and I discussed the plan this morning and got the kiddos all excited about writing outside. I thought I could get inspiration from getting some fresh air, but as I'm sitting near one of my students we realized that it may not be the case. It's actually kind of distracting. 


Train horns 
Police sirens
Wind blowing my hair in my face
Lawn mowers 
Car horns
The glare of the sun on my iPad 



I didn't realize that I needed an environment so free of distractions to produce a piece. Oh well. I guess I will just enjoy the breeze and get lost in the moment.

4 comments:

  1. So envious of that 70 degree weather, it's raining and 47 degrees in my part of the world. There's nothing better for you do be doing than to " enjoy the breeze and get lost in the moment." And thanks for sharing your blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I am the exact opposite! Silence is more distracting for me than any noise. My mind can't be controlled in silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a pretty great piece!

    ReplyDelete