Saturday, March 9, 2019

Honored (SOL19 #9)


Honored.

I watched my nephew sing and dance his little heart out on stage last night. This same kiddo who refused to walk down the aisle with our rings on my wedding day. He needed his mom to hold his hand. Now he’s a little older, wiser, and much more confident. Last night, all he needed was to have his people in the audience. 

I’m honored to be one of them. 
Honored that I got a personal invite. 
Honored that I was able to watch him practice in his living room. 
Honored that his face lit up when he saw he saw us in the crowd. 
I am so honored to be his aunt. 

I’m also pretty stoked that I got his autograph. 

11 comments:

  1. Your aunt-y love shines through in this. What a lucky little nephew his is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're both pretty lucky. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Being an aunt is pretty special! I need to remember to ask an autograph next time when visiting my great nieces and nephews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best! The autograph thing may have gone to his head. He then was announcing to the crowd as we were leaving that he was available for autographs. Ohhh boy.

      Delete
  3. This is the sweetest thing! I love hearing about your nephew and I'm happy that he brings you and your family such joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky boy to have such a loving aunt. Your appreciation for the little things will bring you much joy in life. Thanks for a beautiful slice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you see him and his talents. Your support will keep his confidence up as he continues to grow and perform. Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete