Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Credits Roll (SOL19 #26)


“Quick, we only have one dish left!”
“Put the lettuce on the plate, Katie!”
“Hold your horses, Steve-o!” 
“Just need to the tomato. Push! Push!”
“Annnnnnd we did it,” I said as I shoved the last dish in the giant, hungry meatball’s mouth. 

We all breathed a sigh of relief as the Onion King congratulated us. I watched the screen intently wondering how they would end the game. The meatball started to shake and then exploded into hundreds of meatballs.
Credits roll.

That was it?” Disappointed doesn’t begin to cover it. Steve looked at me funny. “What’s your problem?” 
He had probably seen the end of hundreds of video games, but this was my first time beating a game. “It’s just not what I expected,” I added with a definite sound of glum in my voice. 
I don’t know what I expected, but the exploding meatball wasn’t it. Although, I don’t know what would have been worth all the hours of playing this silly game, shouting across the living room, and fear of the next insane cooking challenge. 
We did have fun though. 

Now, on to Overcooked 2. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm glad you cleared that up! I was truly flummoxed at the beginning. I bet it was a surprise and a let down. Geared for a younger crowd, exploding meatballs probably holds a lot of appeal. Next time it may be better. Congrats on beating the game though.

    ReplyDelete