Thursday, March 31, 2016

Final Day Haiku (SOL16 #31)

I made it! To celebrate, I wrote a haiku. 

Slice of Life is done
Writing everyday is tough
Emerged a writer


I have to admit I was "roped" into this challenge. I didn't really want to participate because I didn't think that I could commit to writing every day. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that I needed to step up if I wanted to set any sort of example for my students. They deserve the best teacher. A teacher who is willing to step out of their comfort zone if it meant  there would be learning and growing. Truly, I didn't think I could write all 31 days, but I pushed myself and was able to meet my goal of not missing one day. Through this month of writing I got to know myself as a writer again and it turned out that I missed it more than I knew. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the month of writing! Hope you come back for Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True that by stepping out of our comfort zone we become a role model. I believe that we can speak with a degree of authenticity about writing when we do it ourselves. Until next year...Bravo to your friend who convinced you to try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad someone roped you in! I think it is good to really experience what the kids do and feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you wrote Katie! :-) Can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete